These are the things I say or do. While in France or some other country in the neighborhood. Enjoy.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blue St. Patrick's Day

I don't want this space to become somewhere where I whine about how lonely I am, but Friday, the day of St. Patrick and green beer, served to highlight this fact for me and push me further into the emo idea that I will die and old man, alone with my bicycles.

I went to a concert of Irish music at this cool space called L'Agora with a whole bunch of friends. We had a few beers and just kinda hung out. I met this French girl who I'd seen a few nights before and we started chatting, etc. She was cute and kinda flirty and I thought "Finally, if nothing else, I am getting a goddamn groove on." So, I go to the bathroom for the normal amount of time it takes a man to pee, and when I returned she had her tongue down some random guy's throat. It blew me away and made me realize that I was in fact not getting my groove on at all, but somehow doing something completely opposite of said action without my knowledge. I wasn't angry though, or even very surprised. I somehow knew that something like this would happen, and was resigned to the fact that this is yet another manifestion of bad luck with women that has lasted a year.

So, instead of moping or whining, I danced the rest of the night away to Irish music with a bunch of French people. At the very least, I think this is the most memorable St. Patrick's day I've had.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nick, come to ames this summer and i'll hold you tightly in my arms and we can drink PBR and High LIfe.

lots of love

brant

3/22/2006 10:45:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home