These are the things I say or do. While in France or some other country in the neighborhood. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pictures again.


This is some awesome graffiti near the beach.


This graffiti is right next to the other. I watched the artists paint it when I first arrived.


The boulangerie where I go every day to get a baguette. Well, not every day. Ok, every day.


I go every week to a market near my house. This is my "market lady", who always is very kind and from whom I buy enough vegetables to last a week for usually less than 10 euros. She was happy to pose for this picture when I told her that she'd be famous in America.


The first set of stairs I have to walk up to get home. One of my students (one of my favorites) was walking down these stairs when I was taking the picture. She was relieved that it was just me, being a weird American and taking pictures of stairs.


This is the second set of huge stairs I have to walk up to get home.


"This boat is obviously sinking."


A picture of my school from the front. Cool, eh?


Ah, my bike. I got it fixed yesterday. Beautiful.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stairs would make it a trecherous journey home for someone who had earlier became intoxicated....


TJ-TGA

2/02/2006 11:32:00 AM

 
Blogger PlumLily said...

I love the first set of stairs you have to walk up to get home... but not the second set of stairs. Oh and I love you too!... I could really go for a real baguette.

Yah. I'm missing Europe.

xoxo,
Lisa

2/02/2006 04:07:00 PM

 
Blogger jonathan meier said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/02/2006 07:45:00 PM

 
Blogger jonathan meier said...

that's a nice looking section of a bike frame you got there. and i really like those five spokes and that eighth of a bike tire. it looks like you keep that eighth of the tire pretty full with air. that's fine work. fine work indeed.

okay, in case you couldn't tell, i'm being extremely sarcastic. from now on, let someone else take the bike pictures.

hey nick, "roses are red, your bike looks blue, but i can't really tell, because you took a crappy picture."

in peace (and sweet sweet indignation),
jon.

2/02/2006 07:47:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nick,

I am really enjoying pouring over yr blog here. Have you checked out any of the French football games? Stay good, my friend.

-Joan Stewart

2/08/2006 03:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home