These are the things I say or do. While in France or some other country in the neighborhood. Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Long Time, No Post

So, I haven't posted in awhile. I guess it's because life here has kind of settled down into a routine, really. I read, write, teach, ride my bike (though right now it's broken...Grrr). I don't spend too much time on the internet at school, mostly because I feel lame hanging out here when I have no classes to prepare for.
What's new? Not much, really. Except that I've finished the first issue of my 'zine, "This Plane is Definitely Crashing". If you would like to obtain a copy, send 2 of your hard-earned dollars for postage to Mike Faris at:
P.O. Box 263
Corvalis, OR 97339

Or, if you live in Ames, I will be getting a copy to the wonderful Mr. Eric Henderson to distro. He can be contacted at erhv@iastate.edu, and the price is still 2 bucks (to cover me shipping stuff to the U.S. and the cost of copies since that shit ain't free).

Other than that, I'm just sitting here being excited to go to Poland in the last part of February to see my friend James. Hopefully we won't get too drunk and find ourselves lost in Katowice in Poland in the middle of winter. Or, then again, that would make a great story if we didn't die or lose a major appendage to the cold. We'll see what happens. I only have a week left of teaching after this one before vacation, and then I get to hang out in France for a week before going to Poland. I have no idea where I'll go. Maybe Caen or Dieppe or something?

And really, that's it. I've another idea for a different 'zine, but once it gets off the ground I'll let you know more about it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick one time tasted wet dog food.....it was quite hilarious for me to watch him gag it down....

TJ-TGA

2/01/2006 09:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Michael Faris said...

What do you mean great story if you don't lose a limb? Wouldn't that make it an excellent story?

2/01/2006 02:45:00 PM

 
Blogger jonathan meier said...

Is wet dog food vegan?

2/01/2006 05:08:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that would be quite a story!

TJ's comment makes an excellent argument for Vegan-ism! Wonder where your Mother was when that went down?

2/01/2006 05:11:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe at this point I'm supposed to point out how much you smell.

2/01/2006 05:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home