These are the things I say or do. While in France or some other country in the neighborhood. Enjoy.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Portait of a city as an old port

I promised pictures of Le Havre earlier on. I borrowed my friend Anne's camera and went around for an hour or so on my bike trying to capture what I see almost every day.
This is my view of the city from my window. Pretty, ain't it?

Ah, the sea.

A broader view of the sea.

This is the actual port where boats go in and out.

The Hôtel de Ville, in the center of town. All of the assistants usually meet here when they are going out together.

They decorate the Hôtel de Ville for the season. This means "Happy Holidays."

A picture of my very humble abode in disarray. To the left is my "bathroom".

These little signs are all over the sidewalk in Le Havre. The idea is that your dog poops here, instead of just anywhere, so the guys that clean it up can find it and you're less likely to step in it, being that it's next to a big blue arrow on the ground. Let me just say that it doesn't work; you find dog shit everywhere BUT next to the signs.

My bike! How I love thee. Sigh.

Yes, Eric, I hacked them off myself, using a hacksaw blade with a towel wrapped around it and my brute strength. Boo ya!

This isn't all, but I have to go, so I'll try to get others up soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger PlumLily said...

I love the dog signs! If only they really worked, at least the attempt is there, which I can't say for Roma. xoxo

1/05/2006 08:07:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...it's like we're almost there with you in france...by the sea, in front of the hotel, in your bed, drinking your soy sauce. kinky!

reese

1/07/2006 08:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home